Tour to Gobi Desert 2018
Tour to Gobi Desert 2018
30 June. Arrive in capital city, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. We will pick you up from the airport & drop you at your hotel where you will stay for 3 nights.
I RECOMMEND YOU BOOK YOUR OWN ACCOMMODATION TO SUIT YOUR OWN INDIVIDUAL NEEDS AND BUDGET… etc. DOUBLE ROOM / TWIN ROOM / SINGLE ROOMS
Please choose centrally located accommodation for convenience (e.g. transport pick up).
Please make sure your return accommodation is also booked for when you return to UB.
Book your accommodation in Ulaanbaatar on 30th June, 1st, 2nd July, and also 11th, 12th July (after return from Gobi Desert)
If you need help choosing or booking your hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me.
1 July. We take a guided city tour to Gandan Monastery where you will be see the huge gold plated Buddha, a symbol of Mongolian national pride and cultural revival. Then visit the national Museum of Mongolian History where we will see artefacts from Mongolia and Central Asia from the Stone Age to present day.
2 July. Ulaanbaatar excursion to Zaisan Hill which is the War Memorial with panoramic views of the whole city. Time permitting, there will be a trip to a Cashmere outlet. Genghis Khan Equestrian Statue, part of the Genghis Khan Statue Complex is a 40 metres tall statue of Genghis Khan on horseback, on the bank of the Tuul River at Tsonjin Boldog, where according to legend, he found a golden whip.
3 July. Today we will be sightseeing Baga Gazariin Chuluu. Overnight stay in Ger camp. (B, L, D)
4 July. After breakfast we will be heading south to White Stupa. Overnight in tourist Ger camp. (B, L, D)
5 July. Drive to Yol Am (also called Eagle Valley) which is surrounded by sheer rocky walls, forming incredible canyons. These areas are situated in the Gobi Gurvan Saikhan Mountain National Park. Overnight in GobiOasis tourist camp. (B, L, D)
6 July. After breakfast we will explore the Khongor sand dune area. This dune is 100kms long and at its widest point is 2km across with highest point 300m. It seems like standing on a river of sand moving across rich green plains! We then visit a traditional nomadic family who run camel tours. Overnight in Ger camp. (B, L, D)
7 July. Khongor sand dunes. Free chill out day. Overnight stay in Gobi tourist camp.(B, L, D)
8 July. Travel to Flaming Cliffs, so named because of their “flame-like” appearance at sunset. This site is famous for the remains of the dinosaurs which lived here 100 million years ago. Overnight in Gobi oasis tourist camp. (B, L, D)
9 July. Ongi River Monastery and stay overnight in ger camp. (B, L, D)
10 July. Baga gazariin chuluu, Overnight stay in Ger camp then next morning heading back to UB . (B, L,D)
11 July. Naadam Festival ( Horse racing )
12 July. Free Day and Good bye Lunch or Dinner ( Do whatever you feel like!)
13 July. End of the tour
(B+L+D) is breakfast, lunch and dinner. Drinking water and also some Mongolian really famous vodka included (in the countryside only).
Winter School Holidays Saturday, 02 July 2016 – Sunday, 17 July 2016
Travel dates Thursday 30th June- Thursday 13th July
VISA information visit the Mongolian embassy in Australia website
What to bring? and advice:
- Bring your own sleeping bag
- DO NOT TOUCH THE DOGS! They aren’t domesticated and WILL bite.
- Bring your own medicines if required– local medicines may not be what you expect
- Pack light but days could be very hot and nights might be cold. Could also rain. Clothing should be simple and robust- no high heels please!
- Head torch could be useful- other camping equipment will be supplied.
Mongolia – Getting there.
- Air Tickets are approximately $1500 for Sydney-Beijing-UB direct if you book early, (5 or 6 months before tour start).
- If you book your air tickets bit close, price will rise and can cost around $2000-$2500.
- Train – Mongolia sits along the trans-Siberian route. Trains come from Beijing in the south, and from Moscow in the north. If traveling by train through China, you will need to apply for a Chinese Visa prior to leaving Australia
- Price includes: Transport, Food, and Accommodation, National park entry fees.
- Contact me.
- Price excludes: Alcohol, Airfares, spending money, entry into museums, entry into festival
- (its minimal but larger events may have additional costs), transport other than by 4WD
- (i.e. camel, horse, motorbike etc, can cost more).
0433 454 071 Bukhu