Tour to Gobi Desert 2017
Tour to Gobi Desert 201730 June. Arrive in capital city Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. We will pick you up from the Airport & drop you in your Hotel you. Welcome dinner in the evening. (3 nights stay in the hotel) “I RECOMMEND BOOKING OWN ACCOMADATION TO SUIT INDIVIDUALS NEEDS AND BUDGET… etc. DOUBLE ROOM / TWIN ROOM / SINGLE ROOMS – recommended @ www.guide-hotel.mn or search from http://www.tripadvisor.com.au. Please choose centrally located accommodation for convince and pick up transport. Please make sure your return accommodation is booked for your return visit to UB. Book your accommodation in Ulaanbaatar on 30th of June, 1st, 2nd of July, and also 10th 11th, 12th, of July ( Return From Gobi Desert) If you need help to choose/book your hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me. 1 July. Take a guided city tour to Gandan monastery where you will be see huge gold plated Buddha, a symbol of Mongolia national pride and culture revival and visit national museum of Mongolian History, where we will see artefacts from Mongolia and Central Asia from the Stone Age to the present day. 2 July. Ulaanbaatar excursion to Zaisan hill is the War Memorial with panoramic view of the whole city time permitting trip to Cashmere outlet. In the evening were going to watch traditional Mongolian music concert. 3 July. Today we will sightseeing Baga Gazariin Chuluu. Overnight stay in Ger camp. (B, L, D) 4 July. After breakfast we will be heading south to White Stupa. Overnight in tourist Ger camp. (B, L, D) 5 July. Drive to Yol Am (also called Eagle Valley) Surrounded by sheer rocky walls, forming incredible canyons. There areas are situated in the Gobi Gurvan Saikhan mountain national Park. Overnight in Gobi oasis tourist camp. (B, L, D) 6 July. After breakfast we will explore the Khongor sand dunes area. This dunes 100kms long and at the their widest point 2km across and highest point of 300 meters it seems like standing on a river of sand moving across rich green planes. And visit a traditional nomadic family who run camel tours. Overnight in Ger camp. (B, L, D) 7 July. Khongor sand dunes. Free chill out day. Overnight stay in Gobi tourist camp. (B, L, D) 8 July. Travel to Flaming cliffs due to their Fleury appearance at sunset. Site is famous for the remains of the Dinosaurs, which lived here 100 million years ago. Overnight in Gobi oasis tourist camp. (B, L, D) 9 July. Ongi River Monastery then heading to Baga Gazar stay overnight in ger camp. (B, L, D) 10 July. After breakfast we will heading back to Ulaanbaatar. (B, L,D) 11 July. Naadam Festival ( Horse racing ) 12 July. Free Day and Good bye Lunch or Dinner ( Do what ever you feel like ) 13 July. End of the tour
Price: $2500(B+L+D) is breakfast, lunch and dinner. Drinking water and also some Mongolian really famous vodka Incl. Countryside only Dates: Winter School Holidays Saturday, 02 July 2016 - Sunday, 17 July 2016 Travel dates Thursday 30th June- Thursday 13th July
VISA information visit the Mongolian embassy in Australia websitehttp://www.mongolianembassy.org.au/ What to bring? and Advice:
- Bring your own sleeping bag
- DO NOT TOUCH THE DOGS! They aren’t domesticated and WILL bite.
- Bring your own medicines if required-- local medicines may not be what you expect
- Pack light but days could be very hot and nights might be cold. Could also rain. Clothing should be simple and robust- no high heels please!
- Head torch could be useful- other camping equipment will be supplied.
- Air – Mongolia. The countries main airline MIAT flies to a number of destinations around Asia including Seoul,Tokyo and Hong Kong. If you buy your ticket soon it will be cheaper not making a direct connection and you wish to leave the airport you will need a Visa for that country.
- Air Tickets are currently approximately $1500. Sydney-Beijing-UB direct. Later in the year the price will rise and can cost around $2500.
- Train – Mongolia sits along the trans-Siberian route. Trains come from Beijing in the south, and from Moscow in the north. If traveling by train through China, you will need to apply for a Chinese Visa prior to leaving Australia
- Price includes: Transport, Food, and Accommodation, National park entry fees. Contact me.
- Price excludes: Alcohol, Airfares, spending money, entry into museums, entry into festival (its minimal but larger events may have additional costs), transport other than by 4WD (camel, horse, motorbike etc, can cost more.